Tigers recall Willis from Triple-A rehab assignment after setback
MINNEAPOLIS -- The Detroit Tigers recalled Dontrelle Willis from his minor league rehabilitation assignment Sunday, meaning the injured left-hander -- who is recovering from a hyperextended right knee -- will stay with the team for now instead of in Triple-A.
Willis, who went on the 15-day disabled list on April 12, will throw on the side later in the week before the Tigers decide what to do next.
In two starts for Detroit before he got hurt, Willis posted a 7.20 ERA in just five innings without receiving a decision.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Lester scratched from start but no trade yet
- Machado homer puts O's past Angels in 12
- Yankees top Rangers & Arencibia's 7 RBIs
- Cain to meet with Dr. Andrews about elbow
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Detroit Tigers 59Fifty Diamond Tech Road Grey Batting Practice Hat