Twins place Baker on DL with strained groin, call up Slowey
CHICAGO -- The Minnesota Twins placed right-handed pitcher Scott Baker on the disabled list with a strained right groin Wednesday, and called up righty Kevin Slowey from a rehab stint with Triple-A Rochester.
Slowey, who was rehabbing a right biceps strain, is scheduled to start Thursday against the White Sox.
"It's just exciting to be back and ever more it's exciting to be healthy," Slowey said. "This was the first time in my abbreviated baseball career that I've ever not felt 100 percent. It's a miserable feeling."
Pitching coach Rick Anderson said Slowey, 0-1 with an 8.10 ERA, wouldn't be on a limited pitch count.
Baker, 2-0 with a 4.09 ERA, was placed on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to May 4.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
- Beltran joins Yankees: 'Means a lot to me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- 5th & Ocean Women's Minnesota Twins V-Neck Red/Navy Raglan T-Shirt