Arizona activates Davis, says he will pitch Friday against Atlanta
Davis' cancerous thyroid gland was removed April 10. He was declared cancer-free this month and rejoined the Diamondbacks for this week's series at Florida, and manager Bob Melvin has said he'll start Friday night against the Braves.
To make room for Davis, Arizona designated right-hander Brandon Medders for assignment. He was 1-0 with a 4.58 ERA in 18 games pitching out of the bullpen.
Davis, who has missed 36 games this season, made two rehab starts for Triple-A Tucson.
The cancer was discovered before the season, but he made two starts before undergoing surgery April 10. He is 1-1 with a 3.72 ERA.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
- Trade talks for OF Kemp active, agent says
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- Jeter: Will miss Cano, not surprised he left
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Arizona Diamondbacks 59Fifty Game Crimson Authentic Hat w/ American Flag Patch