Yanks' Kennedy exits in third inning with strained muscle near right rib cage
Kennedy allowed four runs -- three earned -- on four hits and struck out three when he departed with the injury to his latissimus dorsi muscle. He surrendered concecutive home runs to Baltimore's Kevin Millar and Ramon Hernandez during a four-run second inning.
The 23-year-old Kennedy is 0-3 with a 7.41 ERA in nine appearances, including eight starts, this season. He was optioned to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on May 4 and recalled by the Yankees on May 15.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break
- D-backs' Corbin exits start with tight forearm
- Orioles 3B Machado (knee) suffers setback
- Dodgers OF Crawford to skip Australia series
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Triple Peak Men's New York Yankees Mark Teixeira Navy T-Shirt