Garza, Navarro argue in Rays' dugout, hallway after fourth
Television cameras caught the pitcher and catcher face-to-face in the dugout and in an apparent scuffle that spilled into the tunnel leading to the clubhouse after the fourth inning.
Manager Joe Maddon, pitching coach Jim Hickey and others could be seen rushing to break up the fracas. It wasn't clear if any punches were thrown.
When Hickey visited the mound during the fourth, when No. 9 hitter German Duran hit a two-run homer to put Texas up 3-0, Garza and Navarro had an obviously heated discussion with the coach in the middle of them.
Jason Hammel took over on the mound to start the fifth inning, while Navarro remained in the game.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Yankees' Pineda banned 10 games by MLB
- Wrigley cake ends up down in the dumps
- Tommy John stunned by surgery 'epidemic'
- Sosa to 'clear it up,' sad to miss Cubs party
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Women's Tampa Bay Rays League Diva Navy/Light Blue Fashion Top