Garza, Navarro argue in Rays' dugout, hallway after fourth
Television cameras caught the pitcher and catcher face-to-face in the dugout and in an apparent scuffle that spilled into the tunnel leading to the clubhouse after the fourth inning.
Manager Joe Maddon, pitching coach Jim Hickey and others could be seen rushing to break up the fracas. It wasn't clear if any punches were thrown.
When Hickey visited the mound during the fourth, when No. 9 hitter German Duran hit a two-run homer to put Texas up 3-0, Garza and Navarro had an obviously heated discussion with the coach in the middle of them.
Jason Hammel took over on the mound to start the fifth inning, while Navarro remained in the game.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
- Beltran joins Yankees: 'Means a lot to me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Youth Tampa Bay Rays 59Fifty Game Navy Authentic Hat