Brewers second baseman sent to 15-day DL with sprained knee
MILWAUKEE -- Brewers second baseman Rickie Weeks was placed on the 15-day disabled list because of a sprained left knee on Monday.
Weeks was put on the DL retroactive to June 7 and will stay in Milwaukee to receive treatment. He was injured Friday at Colorado, when Jeff Baker slid into him on a play at second base.
Weeks had initially been listed as day-to-day before being put on the DL about two hours later. Weeks missed the final two games against the Rockies and returned to Milwaukee to be evaluated by the team physician.
Infielder Hernan Iribarren will be recalled from Triple-A Nashville and join the team on Tuesday in Houston.
Weeks was hitting just .210, with seven home runs and 10 stolen bases. His 43 runs scored were tied for ninth in the National League.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Back to Seattle: Mariners acquire Morales
- Twins call off Knoblauch induction post-arrest
- Ortiz (back) questionable for Price rematch
- Epstein not thrilled with Cards 'gift' draft pick
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Milwaukee Brewers Cooperstown Yellow/Black Raglan T-Shirt