Baker first Twin to strike out four (Brewers) in single inning
"Somebody told me about it when we got in here. It's pretty crazy," Baker said after the game. "Those guys are pretty free swingers and that's the way it was. There's a first time for everything."
The last pitcher to accomplish four K's in an inning was Brad Penny on Sept. 23, 2006, for the Dodgers against the Diamondbacks.
Baker was the first AL pitcher to do it since Kazuhiro Sasaki on April 4, 2003. Sasaki, pitching for Seattle, struck out four in a row in the ninth against Texas.
The Brewers won the game 4-2.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Pineda ejected for foreign substance on neck
- Red Sox shut down Yankees behind Lackey
- D-backs spoil Wrigley's 100th with rally in 9th
- Dodgers ruin Hamels' 1st start of season
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Milwaukee Brewers Batter climalite Grey T-Shirt