Baker first Twin to strike out four (Brewers) in single inning
"Somebody told me about it when we got in here. It's pretty crazy," Baker said after the game. "Those guys are pretty free swingers and that's the way it was. There's a first time for everything."
The last pitcher to accomplish four K's in an inning was Brad Penny on Sept. 23, 2006, for the Dodgers against the Diamondbacks.
Baker was the first AL pitcher to do it since Kazuhiro Sasaki on April 4, 2003. Sasaki, pitching for Seattle, struck out four in a row in the ninth against Texas.
The Brewers won the game 4-2.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
- Reports: 3B Chavez to re-sign with Arizona
- MLB average jumps 5.4 percent to $3.39M
- Rockies get OF Stubbs in trade with Indians
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Minnesota Twins Bert Blyleven #28 Alternate Ivory Cooperstown Replica Jersey