Hafner to get second opinion on sore right shoulder
DENVER -- Cleveland Indians designated hitter Travis Hafner is getting a second opinion on his sore right shoulder. He traveled to Birmingham, Ala., Wednesday to be evaluated by renowned orthopedist Dr. James Andrews.
Soloff says Hafner is not progressing as quickly as hoped from the injury that landed him on the disabled list May 30.
Hafner is hitting .217 with four home runs this season and has been bothered by the shoulder since spring training.
The 31-year-old Hafner is Cleveland's career leader at DH with 134 home runs and 464 RBIs.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mag: Puig subjected to threats, civil lawsuit
- Dodgers' Ramirez leaves with hand injury
- Angels put OF Calhoun on DL, call up Boesch
- Teixeira to play in minors, could return Sunday
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Cleveland Indians Asdrubal Cabrera #13 Alternate Ivory Jersey