Jones leaves game again with strained quad, will miss 2 games
Jones said he aggravated the injury while scoring in the fourth inning. He remained in the game until the Braves made defensive changes in the eighth.
Jones has battled the injury much of the season and said this was the most discomfort he has felt.
"I'm going to be down for a couple [games]," Jones said. "It's pretty bad. I missed a couple last time and it's worse now."
He injured the muscle on April 9 in Colorado and felt more soreness as the Braves' road trip continued. Jones had to leave a game on April 20 in Atlanta after irritating the injury, but started the next day.
He then missed a game on June 8 in Atlanta against Philadelphia and, following an off day, was limited to one at-bat as a pinch-hitter on June 10 at Chicago.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MLB briefs managers, GMs on replay system
- Source: Colon, Mets reach 2-year, $20M deal
- MLB plans to ban home plate collisions by '15
- Reports: Yanks nix Gardner-for-Phillips deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Women's Atlanta Braves Long Shot V-Neck Navy T-Shirt