Dodgers' Furcal sent home from rehab with back discomfort
HOUSTON -- Dodgers shortstop Rafael Furcal left a rehab assignment with the team's Triple-A affiliate in Las Vegas on Tuesday and returned to Los Angeles after experiencing discomfort in his back.
Furcal has been on the disabled list since May 6 with a lower back strain. He played four innings with Las Vegas on Monday night, going 1-for-3 with a double and an RBI.
Dodgers manager Joe Torre said Furcal didn't injure himself in the game, but woke up Tuesday morning with back discomfort. Furcal flew to Los Angeles and will be re-evaluated on Wednesday.
"He had a setback," Torre said after the Dodgers' 7-6 win in Houston on Tuesday. "Tomorrow, we'll know more. Obviously, it's not good news."
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Trumbo heads to D-backs in 3-team trade
- Mulder, out since 2009, attempts comeback
- GM: Cabrera on target for spring training
- Reports: MLB agrees to Japanese bid system
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Los Angeles Dodgers Albright Fieldhouse Grey T-Shirt