Infante, 2 pitchers headed to DL for Braves
Manager Bobby Cox said the Braves' crowded DL would be growing after Atlanta beat Houston 7-6 in 17 innings Sunday.
The Braves have already placed 13 players on the DL a total of 18 times this year.
Atlanta has six pitchers -- John Smoltz, Tom Glavine, Mike Hampton, Rafael Soriano, Peter Moylan and Anthony Lerew -- on the DL. Smoltz, who began the season as the staff ace, will miss the rest of the season after undergoing right shoulder surgery last month.
Left fielder Matt Diaz has been on the DL since May 28 with a knee injury.
Infante started Sunday in left field, but a strained hamstring forced him to leave the game for a pinch-runner after he doubled in the first.
Bennett was injured throwing to first in a 6-1 loss to the Astros on Saturday. Acosta, the sixth of seven pitchers in Sunday's victory, strained his hamstring as he ran out a sacrifice bunt in the 16th.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MLB plans to ban home plate collisions by '15
- Source: Colon, Mets reach 2-year, $20M deal
- Agent: Dodgers don't plan to trade Kemp
- Mariners agree with Hart, deal for Morrison
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Atlanta Braves Authentic Collection 'Property Of' Grey Long Sleeve Shirt