Yanks' Matsui says rehab for knee on track; running could be next
Matsui, who went on the 15-day disabled list June 27, took 59 swings during his second on-field batting practice session on Sunday. If the running program goes well, he said he could possibly begin playing in some minor league games this week.
"I think that in the sense that I haven't had any problems with my knee as of yet, I think everything is progressing as planned," Matsui said.
Matsui is batting .323 with seven homers and 34 RBIs in 69 games this season.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Angels won't limit ace Richards' workload
- Ryu, Dodgers 1st to have 3 11-game winners
- Jones' 2 homers power Orioles past Angels
- Ortiz (2 HRs) passes Yastrzemski in Sox rout
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth New York Yankees Derek Jeter "CAPTAIN YOU'VE EARNED YOUR PINSTRIPES" Navy T-Shirt