Rays activate Reyes from 15-day disabled list
Reyes had been out since June 10 because of right shoulder tendinitis. Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon said there no limitations on Reyes.
Also, closer Troy Percival, sidelined since July 1 due to a left hamstring strain, was scheduled to be re-examined Friday night. It is possible the right-hander could return within the next few days.
Shortstop Jason Bartlett, out with a right knee strain, is working out and might be back early next week.
Left-hander Scott Kazmir, who got the win in Tuesday's All-Star game by pitching a scoreless 15th inning, will start Monday night's game against Oakland after the Rays decided to give him an additional day off.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
- Trade talks for OF Kemp active, agent says
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- Sources: Tigers close to deal with OF Davis
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Tampa Bay Rays 59Fifty Game Navy Authentic Hat