Strained right forearm forces Young to the DL
Young was injured in Sunday's start at Colorado, when he allowed seven runs and nine hits over four innings. He got a no-decision in the Padres' 16-7 win, and is 4-4 with a 4.74 ERA this season.
This is Young's second time on the DL this season. He was out for more than two months after he was hit in the face by a line drive off the bat of St. Louis' Albert Pujols on May 21, breaking his nose and fracturing his skull.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Yankees get 3B Headley in trade with Padres
- Angels won't limit ace Richards' workload
- Cubs DFA Barney, activate Bonifacio off DL
- Indians recall Salazar to start against Twins
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Full Roster Replica San Diego Padres Alternate Navy Jersey