Soriano has two procedures done on right elbow
Soriano had an ulnar nerve transposition and a small bone spur removed from his right elbow by Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala.
Soriano, who has been on the 15-day disabled list three times this season, was 0-1 with three saves and a 2.57 ERA in 14 games. He pitched 14 innings, allowing seven hits and walking nine with 16 strikeouts.
The 28-year-old Soriano was 3-3 with a 3.00 ERA and nine saves in 72 innings in 2007 with Atlanta. He was acquired by the Braves from Seattle in December 2006 in exchange for left-handed pitcher Horacio Ramirez.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tanaka has partially torn UCL, will try rehab
- Kershaw's streak ends at 41 IP in CG gem
- Cards' Molina has torn ligament, needs surgery
- Windy City sweep: Sale, Rizzo win Final Vote
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Atlanta Braves Fan V-Neck White Half-Sleeve Shirt