Rays' Percival returns from DL before Yankees series opener
The 38-year-old right-hander, sidelined because of cartilage damage in his right knee, had been out since Aug. 14, when he limped off the mound after fielding a ninth-inning bunt at Oakland.
The Rays also recalled right-handed reliever Juan Salas from Double-A Montgomery and catcher John Jaso from Triple-A Durham.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Verlander allows one hit in 1st spring start
- MRI shows ligament injury in Medlen's elbow
- Orioles' Machado disappointed by new deal
- Cahill jams knee; Arroyo might be delayed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Tampa Bay Rays Baseball Mat