If tiebreaker needed, Mets to host Brewers for NL wild card
NEW YORK -- The New York Mets won a coin flip with the Milwaukee Brewers on Friday and would host a tiebreaker for the National League wild card on Sept. 29 if the teams finish with identical records and a game is needed to decide a postseason berth.
Major League Baseball conducted previous flips on Sept. 12. Philadelphia would host the Brewers in the event those teams have the same record and a tiebreaker game is needed.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Verlander allows one hit in 1st spring start
- MRI shows ligament injury in Medlen's elbow
- 'Nervous' Bonds back with Giants in new role
- 'Intrigued' Skeeters invite McGrady to camp
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Extended Sizes - Majestic Men's Authentic New York Mets David Wright #5 Cool Base Alternate Black Jersey