If tiebreaker needed, Mets to host Brewers for NL wild card
NEW YORK -- The New York Mets won a coin flip with the Milwaukee Brewers on Friday and would host a tiebreaker for the National League wild card on Sept. 29 if the teams finish with identical records and a game is needed to decide a postseason berth.
Major League Baseball conducted previous flips on Sept. 12. Philadelphia would host the Brewers in the event those teams have the same record and a tiebreaker game is needed.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Reports: Nats sign ex-Jays closer Janssen
- Cubs fans flock to statue, remember Banks
- Marlins finalize deal with 'ultimate pro' Ichiro
- Orioles acquire OF Snider in deal with Pirates
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's New York Mets Away Practice Royal T-shirt