If tiebreaker needed, Mets to host Brewers for NL wild card
NEW YORK -- The New York Mets won a coin flip with the Milwaukee Brewers on Friday and would host a tiebreaker for the National League wild card on Sept. 29 if the teams finish with identical records and a game is needed to decide a postseason berth.
Major League Baseball conducted previous flips on Sept. 12. Philadelphia would host the Brewers in the event those teams have the same record and a tiebreaker game is needed.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Nationals' Harper benched for 'lack of hustle'
- Yankees' Nova leaves with injury, gets MRI
- Scherzer tops Angels for 1st win of season
- Alvarez faces 1 over minimum, silences M's
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Youth New York Mets 9Forty Pinch Hitter Royal Adjustable Hat