Yanks' Chamberlain held for DUI, speeding; formal charges due Monday
Nebraska State Patrol spokeswoman Deborah Collins said Chamberlain was stopped for speeding on U.S. 77 near his hometown of Lincoln at about 1 a.m. Saturday.
Collins said Chamberlain was taken to the Cornhusker Place Detox in Lincoln, which she said is the normal protocol.
Chamberlain was lodged at the center on charges of driving under the influence, having an open container of alcohol and speeding.
Collins said the county attorney likely would file formal charges Monday.
An e-mail sent to Chamberlain's agent Saturday was not immediately returned.
When reached by the New York Daily News, the Yankees declined comment.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
- Beltran joins Yankees: 'Means a lot to me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs New York Yankees 'Yankee Dynasty Dr' Sign