Phils ink Eyre to 1-year, $2M deal; coaches Dubee, Lopes, Thompson to return
The 36-year-old left-handed pitcher was acquired by the Phillies on Aug. 7 from the Chicago Cubs. He is 3-0 with a 1.88 ERA and 18 strikeouts in 14.1 innings in 19 appearances with Philadelphia.
In 575 career appearances, Eyre is 26-29 with a 4.36 ERA. Before playing for the Cubs, Eyre played for the Chicago White Sox from 1997 to 2000, Toronto Blue Jays from 2001 to 2002 and San Francisco Giants from 2002 to 2005.
Also Monday, pitching coach Rich Dubee, first base coach Davey Lopes and hitting coach Milt Thompson all agreed to terms on contracts for the 2009 season. The Phillies say bench coach Jimy Williams was invited to return for the 2009 season, but chose not to do so.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Stanton's walk-off GS lifts Marlins over M's
- Pujols belts No. 497 in Angels' rout of Tigers
- Mets trade 1B Davis to Pirates for reliever
- Rays turn back Yanks behind Loney's 4 RBIs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Philadelphia Phillies Fan V-Neck White Half-Sleeve Shirt