Report: Cards to begin rebuilding bullpen, sign lefty Miller
The St. Louis Cardinals are reportedly ready to begin rebuilding their beleagured bullpen.
Pending a physical, the Cardinals are poised to sign left-handed reliever Trever Miller, who pitched in the American League-champion Tampa Bay Rays bullpen last season, sources told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
Miller's physical is scheduled for Thursday morning, the newspaper reported.
St. Louis was tied with Seattle for the major league lead in blown saves in 2008 with 31.
Miller, a 10-year veteran, was 2-0 with a 4.15 ERA and two saves last season for Tampa Bay. He held opposing left-handed batters to a .209 average.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Agent: Lester didn't tell Sox contract terms
- Machado homer puts Os past Angels in 12
- Cain to meet with Dr. Andrews about elbow
- Cobb fans 12 as Rays win 11th of past 12
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's St. Louis Cardinals Kick Off Tri-Blend Red T-Shirt