Phillies send outfielder Golson to Rangers for minor leaguer
Texas acquired outfielder Greg Golson from the Phillies for outfielder John Mayberry.
Golson, who is from Texas, was the 21st overall pick by the Phillies in the 2004 draft. He spent last season at Double-A Reading, where he hit .282 with 13 homers and 60 RBIs in 106 games. He went 0-for-6 as a September call-up for the Phillies, his only major league action.
Mayberry, drafted 19th overall by the Rangers in 2005, hit .263 with 16 homers and 58 RBIs in 114 games for Triple-A Oklahoma City this year.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
- Beltran joins Yankees: 'Means a lot to me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Philadelphia Phillies Back Off Red T-Shirt