Brewers, Lamb agree to deal
Lamb began last season in Minnesota but was waived by the Twins and signed with Milwaukee on Sept. 5. He hit .273 in 11 games for the Brewers.
His deal with Milwaukee is for the $400,000 minimum, which will be offset against the $3 million salary he was guaranteed from the Twins under a $6.6 million, two-year deal.
Milwaukee also agreed to a one-year deal with right-handed reliever Todd Coffey, avoiding arbitration. He can earn an additional $200,000 in performance bonuses: $25,000 each for 20, 30, 40 and 50 games, and $50,000 each for 60 and 70 games.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Lester, Ross carry Red Sox past White Sox
- Sizemore's scoop caps Yankees' triple play
- Cards' Wainwright 2-hits error-prone Nats
- Sabathia pitches Yankees past Price, Rays
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Women's Milwaukee Brewers Off Campus Navy Scoop Neck T-Shirt