Source: Farnsworth, Royals make deal
With many teams looking for bullpen help, veteran right-hander Kyle Farnsworth landed on his feet on Wednesday.
A source with knowledge of the negotiations told ESPN's Steve Phillips that Farnsworth has agreed to a two-year, $9.25 million deal with the Kansas City Royals, pending the results of a physical.
In 10 seasons and for four teams, Farnsworth has posted a 30-48 record with a 4.47 ERA. Primarily used as a set-up man in his career, Farnsworth moved between roles with the Yankees last season but managed a 3.65 ERA in 45 games. He struggled with the Tigers, posting a 6.75 ERA in 16 games.Steve Phillips is a regular on ESPN's Baseball Tonight.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Detroit Tigers Executive Navy Crew Neck Sweater