Source: Farnsworth, Royals make deal
With many teams looking for bullpen help, veteran right-hander Kyle Farnsworth landed on his feet on Wednesday.
A source with knowledge of the negotiations told ESPN's Steve Phillips that Farnsworth has agreed to a two-year, $9.25 million deal with the Kansas City Royals, pending the results of a physical.
In 10 seasons and for four teams, Farnsworth has posted a 30-48 record with a 4.47 ERA. Primarily used as a set-up man in his career, Farnsworth moved between roles with the Yankees last season but managed a 3.65 ERA in 45 games. He struggled with the Tigers, posting a 6.75 ERA in 16 games.Steve Phillips is a regular on ESPN's Baseball Tonight.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rays P Moore needs season-ending surgery
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Robinson debut
- Napoli exits with hurt finger after head-first slide
- Phillies' Burnett (hernia) to pitch through pain
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Detroit Tigers Fan V-Neck White Half-Sleeve Shirt