Mariners say Bedard ready for spring
SEATTLE -- Mariners' left-hander Erik Bedard is fully recovered from shoulder surgery and is ready for the start of spring training of Feb. 13.
During the Mariners pre-spring training gathering on Thursday, athletic trainer Rick Griffin said he visited Bedard in Ottawa last week and that Bedard started throwing on Dec. 10.
Bedard had surgery in late September to remove a cyst from his shoulder and have tissue cut from his labrum. His disappointing first season in Seattle ended July 10.
Eligible for free agency after the 2009 season, Bedard went 6-4 with a 3.67 ERA in 15 starts last year. He agreed this week to a $7.75 million, one-year contract, a $750,000 raise.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- M's GM in defense: 'We've never deviated'
- Maddon: Rays must be ready for Price trade
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Seattle Mariners Grand Slam Softee Bat and Ball Set