Gonzalez returning from knee injury
Gonzalez missed all of last season with a compression fracture in his left knee.
Reds medical director Dr. Timothy Kremchek examined Gonzalez in Miami on Saturday, clearing him for full workouts when the team opens spring training next month.
General manager Walt Jocketty said the club was pleased with what it saw after Gonzalez was put through a battery of tests and agility drills. He said Gonzalez should be ready to participate in 100 percent of all drills from the start of spring workouts.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Cano thanks N.Y., finalizes big Mariners deal
- Rule 5 pick Nieto on Biogenesis clinic list
- Source: Joba, Tigers agree on 1-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Cincinnati Reds Team-Colored Frozen Rope Necklace