Yankees trade Wright to Brewers
The 25-year-old Wright was a combined 10-3 with one save and a 2.85 ERA last year at Double-A Trenton, Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and the rookie-level Gulf Coast Yankees.
Wright was designated for assignment on Jan. 27 to open a roster spot for Andy Pettitte.
The 23-year old Fryer hit .335 with 10 homers and 63 RBIs in 104 games for Class A West Virginia last year. He led the South Atlantic League in batting average and on-base percentage (.407) and was third in slugging percentage (.506).
He is being assigned to Class A Tampa.
Milwaukee also agreed to a minor league contract with former Yankees reliever Ramiro Mendoza, who has not pitched in the major leagues since 2005. He has a 59-40 record with a a 4.30 ERA and 16 saves over 10 seasons.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Marlins turn back Nats with 4-run rally in 9th
- Rangers' Darvish K's 8 in win over Yankees
- Pirates' Worley blanks Giants with 4-hitter
- Cabrera, Dickey help Jays trample Red Sox
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica New York Yankees Paul O'Neill #21 Home White Cooperstown Jersey