Mexican League plays first game in L.A.
LOS ANGELES -- Mexican League baseball is coming to Dodger Stadium.
The ballpark will host a May 16 game between Diablos Rojos of Mexico City and the Sultanes of Monterrey, marking the first time Mexican League teams will play a regular-season game in Los Angeles.
"This historic game will provide our fans with a chance to see the two most storied franchises in that country play at one of the most storied stadiums in America," Dodgers director of international relations Joseph Reaves said in a statement Thursday.
"We're excited to open our doors to our neighbors and hope that this will continue to help spread the game of baseball internationally."
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break
- D-backs' Corbin exits start with tight forearm
- Orioles 3B Machado (knee) suffers setback
- Dodgers OF Crawford to skip Australia series
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Los Angeles Dodgers Clayton Kershaw #22 Road Grey Jersey