Nationals agree to terms with 23 players
The deals were announced Saturday, the day pitchers and catchers reported for the start of spring training.
There are still two Nationals players scheduled for arbitration -- third baseman Ryan Zimmerman and outfielder Josh Willingham -- along with five others without deals for the coming season: outfielder Lastings Milledge, infielders Alberto Gonzalez and Anderson Hernandez, and pitchers Jason Bergmann and Mike O'Connor.
The other 20 agreeing to terms were: outfielders Roger Bernadina, Leonard Davis and Justin Maxwell; infielders Kory Casto and Ian Desmond; catchers Luke Montz and Wil Nieves; left-handers Matt Chico, Ross Detwiler and Mike Hinckley; and right-handers Luis Atilano, Collin Balester, Tyler Clippard, Marco Estrada, Joel Hanrahan, Shairon Martis, Garrett Mock, Saul Rivera, Steven Shell and Terrell Young.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Trumbo heads to D-backs in 3-team trade
- Mulder, out since 2009, attempts comeback
- GM: Cabrera on target for spring training
- Rakuten prez: No decision on Tanaka's future
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Major League Baseball On ESPN.com
- Majestic Men's Washington Nationals Ryan Zimmerman #11 Home White Replica Jersey