Twins' Redmond hurts groin
MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Twins catcher Mike Redmond survived the bat shard that hit him in the shoulder, near the neck. Redmond hurt his groin muscle running out a groundball, however, causing his team concern.
Manager Ron Gardenhire said after Minnesota's 6-1 loss to Seattle that Redmond would be re-evaluated Tuesday.
"We'll have to wait and see what the doctors say," Gardenhire said. "That's not a good thing."
The 37-year-old Redmond was hit by the broken bat in the fifth, but he stayed in the game and led off the bottom of the inning with a double for the Twins' only extra-base hit.
"That's Redmond for you," teammate Denard Span. "He's a tough guy."
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Phils' Rollins: No idea why I'm benched
- Twins' Sano optimistic on return after surgery
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Mets pitching coach apologizes for Asian slur
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Minnesota Twins Executive Navy Crew Neck Sweater