Man in fight at Angel Stadium dies
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- A man involved in a fight at Angel Stadium on Opening Day has died.
Police said Brian Powers, 27, of Buena Park, Calif., died Wednesday at a hospital. No arrests have been made.
Angels spokesman Tim Mead said the fight occurred Monday night shortly after the game between the Los Angeles Angels and Oakland Athletics. Witnesses told police the man was fighting with someone when a third person came from behind and punched the victim in the head. The man fell and hit his head on a concrete step near a stairwell.
Police are unsure what led to the fight and who started it.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Court rules MLB can depose A-Rod's cousin
- Source: O's, closer Balfour agree to deal
- Yankees hit with $28M luxury tax bill for '13
- Pirates sign Ishikawa to minor league deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Party Animal Los Angeles Angels Applique Banner Flag