A-Rod increasing onfield drills in Tampa
TAMPA, Fla. -- Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez increased his onfield drills Monday as the three-time AL MVP started his second full week working out at New York's minor league complex in Florida.
A-Rod, comimg back from right hip surgery in Colorado on March 9, did additional defensive work, making 19 throws to first and nine to second after fielding grounders. He also continues to look impressive in batting practice, hitting 10 homers in 75 swings.
"It feels good," an upbeat Rodriguez said.
Rodriguez is running in the outfield at the start and end of his onfield sessions, but has not started full-speed sprints or running the bases.
The Yankees expect Rodriguez to rejoin the team by May 15.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Cano thanks N.Y., finalizes big Mariners deal
- Rule 5 pick Nieto on Biogenesis clinic list
- Source: Joba, Tigers agree on 1-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's New York Yankees Authentic Road Grey On-Field Jersey