McCann to see doc about blurred vision
He is in a 1-for-20 slump.
McCann sat out Atlanta's game Sunday at Pittsburgh and was not listed in the starting lineup Monday against the Washington Nationals.
"He can't start. He can come into a game and help you, but right now we don't want to start him," Braves manager Bobby Cox said Monday.
Cox said McCann is "day-to-day, but it's been dragging on."
In other Braves injury news, outfielder Garret Anderson was unavailable Monday after leaving Sunday's game with tightness in his left quadriceps.
Shortstop Yunel Escobar, meanwhile, was listed in Monday's lineup after having not played since Thursday because of a strained abdominal muscle. Escobar said he was only "85 percent."
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves suspend struggling Uggla for 1 game
- Wright to get shot to aid shoulder at break
- Reds' Simon among 4 pitchers added to ASG
- Grand record: batterymates slam for S.F.
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Women's Replica New York Yankees Brian McCann #34 Home White Jersey