Hamels expects to make next start
The 2008 World Series MVP left Thursday's game against Milwaukee in the fourth inning after being struck by Prince Fielder's liner.
"Cole says he feels good," Philadelphia manager Charlie Manuel said before Friday's game at Florida. "He says he doesn't have any soreness. He said he thought he might be sore and he's not. Right now he's in his regular turn."
Hamels is expected to throw on the side Saturday and then start Tuesday against Washington. The left-hander is 0-2 with a 9.69 ERA in three starts.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Trumbo heads to D-backs in 3-team trade
- Mulder, out since 2009, attempts comeback
- GM: Cabrera on target for spring training
- Rakuten prez: No decision on Tanaka's future
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fremont Die Philadelphia Phillies 8" Car Magnet