Ramirez day to day after being hit
Ramirez was hit on the right hand by a 3-2 pitch, and a trainer and manager Fredi Gonzalez came out. Ramirez was immediately replaced by Ross Gload.
"It's just bruised and it hurts a lot," Ramirez said after Florida's 7-1 loss extended the Marlins' losing streak to seven. "It didn't hit any bone, and I'm glad, because I can be back soon."
Florida said X-rays were negative.
"The X-ray was good. It was swelling up on him, so we're going day to day," Marlins manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "If he feels up to it tomorrow, I'll play him."
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Japan's Tanaka wants to move to MLB in 2014
- Roberts joining Yankees for post-Cano era
- Source: O's, closer Balfour agree to deal
- 2B Infante to help Royals take 'next step'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- WinCraft Miami Marlins Ultra Decal Sheet