Glavine again encouraged after throwing
The two-time Cy Young Award winner opened the season on the disabled list because of a sore left shoulder and said this month he wasn't sure he will pitch again.
He threw in the outfield for the second straight day before Tuesday night's game against St. Louis. He planned to rest then throw from a longer distance on Thursday and off a mound next week.
Glavine was 2-4 with a 5.54 ERA in 13 starts last season. He had offseason operations on his left elbow and shoulder.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Papi's pitch: Red Sox shouldn't trade Lester
- Lane change: Ex-OF gets 1st start for Padres
- Yankees fan returns lost Red Sox title ring
- Dodgers land 2B Barney in deal with Cubs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Atlanta Braves "Chicks Dig The Long Ball" White T-Shirt