Brewers' Lambertus banned 50 games
NEW YORK -- Milwaukee Brewers minor league pitcher Pedro Lambertus has been suspended for 50 games after testing positive for a performance-enhancing drug.
The commissioner's office says Lambertus tested positive for metabolites of Boldenone, a steroid.
Lambertus plays for Class A Wisconsin of the Midwest League. The 20-year-old from the Dominican Republic is 0-1 with one save and a 4.91 ERA in three relief appearances this season.
The commissioner's office announced the suspension on Thursday.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Kemp laces winner in 10th to turn away Braves
- Cards deal for Masterson to bolster pitching
- Tigers' Scherzer sharp over 7, goes to 13-3
- Scratched Lester at Fenway amid rumors
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Milwaukee Brewers Ryan Braun #8 Alternate Home Navy Jersey