Berkman gains a hit on scoring change
Braves official scorer Jack Wilkinson said he changed his ruling Sunday after reviewing the seventh-inning play in the Astros' 5-1 win on Saturday.
With two outs, Berkman hit a grounder that took a bad hop before Jones could field the ball. The next batter, Carlos Lee, popped out to third base to end the inning. The revised ruling left Berkman, who hit a first-inning homer, 2 for 5 in the game.
Jones had a fourth-inning fielding error that led to two unearned runs in Houston's three-run inning.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mag: Puig subjected to threats, civil lawsuit
- Dodgers' Ramirez leaves with hand injury
- Angels put OF Calhoun on DL, call up Boesch
- Teixeira to play in minors, could return Sunday
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Women's Atlanta Braves Flanker Navy Half-Sleeve V-Neck T-Shirt