Orioles to recall Reimold
Unsure about the status of two injured outfielders, the Baltimore Orioles will recall prospect Nolan Reimold from Triple-A Norfolk before they open a four-game series in Kansas City on Thursday.
Right-hander Bob McCrory was optioned to Norfolk after Wednesday's night's 8-6 loss to Tampa Bay. McCrory allowed four runs in 1 2-3 innings against the Rays.
The 25-year-old Reimold hit .394 with nine homers and 27 RBIs in 31 games for Norfolk.
Orioles manager Dave Trembley said he needed another outfielder after Adam Jones left Wednesday's game in the fourth inning with a mild right hamstring strain.
Luke Scott is nursing a left shoulder sprain, hasn't played since Sunday and Trembley isn't sure whether he'll be ready to play in Kansas City. Felix Pie was supposed to miss Wednesday's game while recovering from a bout of food poisoning, but was pressed into service after Jones was hurt.
"Hopefully, I can come back tomorrow, but I'd say [I'll miss] a couple of days," Jones said.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Nationals' Harper benched for 'lack of hustle'
- Scherzer tops Angels for 1st win of season
- Braves pull Kimbrel in 9th, hang on for win
- Braun's go-ahead HR caps 2-homer day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Extended Sizes - Majestic Men's Authentic Baltimore Orioles Adam Jones #10 Cool Base Alternate Orange Jersey w/ Patch