Quentin's heel forces lineup scratch
TORONTO -- White Sox outfielder Carlos Quentin was scratched from the lineup for Chicago's game against the Blue Jays with a sore left heel that has kept him from starting two games this week.
Quentin was scratched just before Saturday's game. He had been dropped from third to sixth in the order and it would have been the first time in more than a year that he had hit so low.
Bench coach Joey Cora, the interim manager while Ozzie Guillen attends his son's college graduation, said Quentin had been swinging too freely.
Quentin is hitting .229 with eight homers and 18 RBIs.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Verlander allows one hit in 1st spring start
- MRI shows ligament injury in Medlen's elbow
- Orioles' Machado disappointed by new deal
- Cahill jams knee; Arroyo might be delayed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Chicago White Sox Black Dream V-Neck T-Shirt