Votto has more tests
CINCINNATI -- The Reds still don't know what's wrong with first baseman Joey Votto, who has been suffering from dizziness.
Votto had more tests Tuesday in Cincinnati, and more were scheduled for the next few days to try to determine what is causing the dizziness. He was out of the lineup for the start of a series against the Phillies on Tuesday.
Votto is the Reds' top hitter at .366. He came down with the flu on May 7, returned to the lineup last week and began having dizzy spells. He had to leave a couple games in San Diego over the weekend because of the problem.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Nationals' Harper benched for 'lack of hustle'
- Scherzer tops Angels for 1st win of season
- Hamels slated to make season debut in L.A.
- Jays shut out Indians, Buehrle still unbeaten
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Cincinnati Reds Joey Votto #19 Black/Camo Jersey