Mets' Reyes day to day
NEW YORK -- Mets shortstop Jose Reyes has tendinitis behind his right calf and is listed as day to day.
Reyes had an MRI exam Thursday in New York. The Mets were off, and open a weekend series Friday night in Boston.
Reyes left Wednesday night's 2-1 loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers in the third inning after aggravating his calf problem. The injury had forced him to miss five games. Reyes is the Mets' all-time stolen base leader.
Ramon Martinez replaced Reyes in the lineup in the loss at Dodger Stadium.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Jury finds Dodgers negligent in Stow beating
- Tanaka to DL, headed to Seattle for elbow exam
- Scherzer outduels Greinke as Tigers get win
- Reds P Simon becomes NL's first to 12 wins
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Women's New York Mets 9Forty Essential Royal Adjustable Hat