Rangers 3B Young day to day
The team said X-rays were negative and Young is day to day.
Young was injured when he stepped on Lance Berkman's foot while trying to get back to first on a pickoff attempt in the first inning of Friday's game.
"Hopefully this is one of those things where it can't get any worse," said Young, who was using crutches to get around the Texas clubhouse before Saturday's game. "If it's just pain, I can take it."
Hank Blalock subbed for Young at third against Houston.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- Report: Garrett Jones to sign with Marlins
- MLB denied A's move to San Jose in June
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Texas Rangers Elvis Andrus #1 Home White Replica Jersey