Uehara to have side session
Orioles manager Dave Trembley said on Sunday before Baltimore's game at Washington that Uehara's hamstring is sore and they will see how he feels after he throws his bullpen session on Tuesday. He is scheduled to start on Thursday.
Uehara left Saturday night's game against the Nationals after three innings. The Orioles' first Japanese-born player also had a sore left hamstring in spring training.
The 34-year-old is 2-3 with a 4.09 ERA in nine starts.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
- Reports: 3B Chavez to re-sign with Arizona
- MLB average jumps 5.4 percent to $3.39M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Baltimore Orioles Compulsion To Win Black Full-Zip Fleece Hoodie