Man indicted for death of Adenhart
Orange County prosecutors say Andrew Gallo was indicted Wednesday on three counts of murder and three other felonies for the April 9 crash.
Gallo already faced similar charges, but prosecutors say the indictment will help expedite the case by skipping the preliminary hearing.
Police say Gallo had nearly triple the legal blood-alcohol level when his minivan ran a red light and crashed in Fullerton.
Adenhart died hours after he made his season debut by pitching six scoreless innings. Two others were also killed and a third was critically injured.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Nick Adenhart, 1986-2009
- The Highland Mint Mike Trout Los Angeles Angels Triple Play Photo Display