Litsch to have Tommy John surgery
Manager Cito Gaston made the announcement Tuesday before the Blue Jays played the Texas Rangers.
Litsch went on the disabled list April 14 because of tightness in his forearm. He made two starts this season, going 0-1 with a 9.00 ERA.
Gaston was more optimistic about his other injured pitchers, who have been on the DL all season. McGowan is recovering from a shoulder injury and Marcum, who had elbow surgery, "is getting better all the time."
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Verlander allows one hit in 1st spring start
- MRI shows ligament injury in Medlen's elbow
- Orioles' Machado disappointed by new deal
- Cahill jams knee; Arroyo might be delayed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Toronto Blue Jays Printed Car Mats 2-Pack