Cubs sale still moving forward
OMAHA, Neb. -- A spokesman for Tom Ricketts, who heads his family's nearly $900 million bid to buy the Chicago Cubs from Tribune Co., says the deal is still on.
Dennis Culloton, who represents Ricketts, said Wednesday that media reports suggesting otherwise are untrue. He said negotiations are continuing and "moving along very positively."
Tribune spokesman Gary Weitman declined Wednesday to confirm or deny the reports.
Weitman says the Tribune is still in talks with the Ricketts family "with an eye toward reaching a definitive agreement."
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Reds closer Chapman cleared to throw BP
- Yanks' Teixeira tests leg, 'couldn't be happier'
- Back spasms force early exit for Reds' Phillips
- Sizemore's scoop caps Yankees' triple play
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Forever Collectibles Youth Chicago Cubs Team Color Flip Flops