Cubs sale still moving forward
OMAHA, Neb. -- A spokesman for Tom Ricketts, who heads his family's nearly $900 million bid to buy the Chicago Cubs from Tribune Co., says the deal is still on.
Dennis Culloton, who represents Ricketts, said Wednesday that media reports suggesting otherwise are untrue. He said negotiations are continuing and "moving along very positively."
Tribune spokesman Gary Weitman declined Wednesday to confirm or deny the reports.
Weitman says the Tribune is still in talks with the Ricketts family "with an eye toward reaching a definitive agreement."
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Phils' Rollins: No idea why I'm benched
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Mets pitching coach apologizes for Asian slur
- Brewers' Garza confident despite 19.06 ERA
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Chicago Cubs Dri-FIT Cactus League Royal T-Shirt