Francisco retires all three batters
ARLINGTON, Texas -- Texas closer Frank Francisco threw seven of nine pitches for strikes while retiring all three batters he faced in a rehab appearance Thursday night.
Francisco started for Double-A Frisco against Corpus Christi, getting two flyouts and a grounder.
Right-hander Dustin Nippert, on the 60-day DL because of a back muscle strain, pitched two scoreless innings after Francisco. Nippert struck out one and walked one while throwing 15 of 25 pitches for strikes.
Francisco is eligible to come off the disabled list Friday. It is his second DL stint this season, this one because of stiffness in his shoulder.
The right-hander last pitched in the majors June 3, when he earned his 12th save of the season. He has allowed one earned run in his 19 appearances.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Emotional Thomas, Torre headline HOF class
- Ortiz's homer reignites Red Sox-Rays rivalry
- Yankees fan returns lost Red Sox title ring
- Dodgers best Peavy, Giants to cap off sweep
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Texas Rangers Consistent Delivery Red T-Shirt