D-Backs' Young may rest with sore groin
Young hurt himself Thursday in Kansas City running during his career-high fourth hit. He was shut down on Friday but ran on the treadmill.
Arizona manager A.J. Hinch said Young would be used only in an emergency on Saturday night and he hasn't decided if he'll use him Sunday.
The Diamondbacks have an off-day on Monday, which would give Young four days of rest.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Lester, Ross carry Red Sox past White Sox
- Sizemore's scoop caps Yankees' triple play
- Cards' Wainwright 2-hits error-prone Nats
- Mattingly voices worry over threats to Puig
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Arizona Diamondbacks Luis Gonzalez #20 Purple Cooperstown Jersey