D-Backs' Young may rest with sore groin
Young hurt himself Thursday in Kansas City running during his career-high fourth hit. He was shut down on Friday but ran on the treadmill.
Arizona manager A.J. Hinch said Young would be used only in an emergency on Saturday night and he hasn't decided if he'll use him Sunday.
The Diamondbacks have an off-day on Monday, which would give Young four days of rest.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MRI shows damage to Corbin's UCL in elbow
- HOF Schmidt recovering from skin cancer
- Hank the dog arrives to Milwaukee welcome
- Headley eyes opener but won't rush injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Arizona Diamondbacks Charcoal Raglan T-Shirt